Monday 16 June 2014

The Wonder of Pricing

I’m in the midst of engaging with a new camera. It’s the Olympus E- M1. Body only - I can barely afford just that. I’m amazed at the price level though. It was in 2007 when I purchased my first DSLR - the Olympus E-510 kit with two lenses. As I matured my perceptions, I would looked enviously (but could not aspire to attain) the pro level Olympus E-5.  It’s a wonder how much progress has allowed consumers to purchase the pro level EM-1 body at a price level similar to an entry level E-510 two kit lens of 2007 or the latest people’s OM-D, the E- M10.  Psst, if you are in Australia or New Zealand get onto the EOFY 2013-2014(End of Financial Year) Cash Back at Olympus.com.au in combination with major discounts by select volume retailers.)

There are also substantial retailer discounts and cashbacks on the OM-D E-M5 if you prefer that price/features balance.

No comments: