Thursday 12 March 2009

The Kuala Lumpur set

del.icio.us Tags: ,

A recent poster in the DPR forums was asking about places to shoot in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. I replied that different people shoot different things and there’s lots to shoot. Then I thought, since I started up this blog, I haven’t posted any Kuala Lumpur or Selangor shots. Here are some that stick in my mind.

This is a view of the Corus Hotel, dwarfed by the Petronas Twin Towers and the other skyscrapers. Taken from the Malayan Flour Offices on Jalan Ampang.

I remember this Ampang Taoist / Buddhist Temple – for many years, Mum and Dad would go there with me, especially during Chinese New Year. There was a courtyard there, with a wishing well – not actually, more a wishing pond with small figurines, bonsai – a magical place for the young at heart. Now, I think that atmosphere isn’t there anymore. No over powering smoke, no dark corners, not wall hangings depicting lost souls in hell.

From the top:

and inside:

This is the handsome messenger of the gods

The fearsome looking Laohans are now perched high and lit up

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: