Wednesday 4 February 2009

Chinese New Year in Melbourne 2009

Oh, had a really lovely few weekends shooting with Brandon and Dave. Brandon’s photographic style is coming along very nicely and many of his shots are simply compelling.

I dragged out my Kodak P880 as I had not used it for many shots for a long time. I shot JPEG (formerly I used to shoot RAW), didn’t concentrate on full wide (24mm equivalent) and used lots of fill-in flash. The results are a style which is quite different from my previous P880 ventures.

First stop, to get some fortune wheels

From People in Melbourne
or money trees
From People in Melbourne
maybe some context sensitive caps
From People in Melbourne
and say hi to the friendly sales girls
From People in Melbourne
of course, an ang pow would not go astray
From People in Melbourne
It helps if you can read Chinese, but if you don't someone who can will help translate, maybe
From People in Melbourne
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: